After the heat treatment of Die Casting Mould, corrosion and rust scars appear on the surface. The mold is prone to cracks after quenching and the mold is scrapped. The mold is rusted during use. The mold is left for a
long time to cause rust.
1.Causes of mold surface corrosion and rust
The presence of more massive eutectic carbides indicates that the segregation of the raw material structure has not been improved. The purpose of the refinement process is to homogenize the structure. Quenching in regions with different compositions will also produce structural stress.
2.The reason that the mold is prone to crack after quenching
Poor spheroidizing annealing process, such as too high or too low annealing temperature, short isothermal annealing time, etc., can cause uneven spheroidizing annealing structure or poor spheroidization.
3. Die rust during production
During the use of the mold, rust occurs, which affects the aesthetics of the manufactured workpiece and even affects the quality of the workpiece. There are two main causes of mold rust, one is the mold material factor, and the other is the mold use environment factor.
4. Other conditions are rusty
If slag carbides adhere to the surface of the cavity, which causes rust of the mold, it should be removed in time; carbides precipitated and decomposed in the molding material often wear or corrode the mold. Once found, it should be immediately wiped with a dry cloth. If it is difficult to wipe, you can wipe it with a little alcohol.
Although the electroplated layer in the mold cavity is generally good for rust prevention, it is not completely effective. Sometimes corrosive gas can cause deep corrosion through the pores on the surface of the coating. The method to avoid corrosion of the coating is to wipe the mold frequently.
Cooling water in the mold easily rusts the mold. If the mold is cooled below zero, moisture in the air will form water droplets on the surface of the mold, and if not wiped, it will rust. Although condensation does not occur during the molding process, condensation will occur immediately after stopping the molding. It is best not to stop the molding during the production process. Even if it is stopped, the cooling water should be turned off and the mold surface should be wiped dry.
Magnesium Die Casting Parts
Next, I will share with you the Magnesium Die Casting Parts mold requirements:
1. The sliding parts such as the core-pulling mechanism and the guide device should be thoroughly cleaned, carefully checked and repaired. Relubricate with high temperature grease and assemble.
2. If there is a hydraulic core, the hydraulic part and the mold are repaired at the same time. Special attention should be paid to the cleaning of the hydraulic part to prevent pollution, otherwise, the hydraulic system of the die casting machine will be polluted.
3. When the mold fails or is damaged during the production process, the repair plan should be determined according to the specific situation. If necessary, perform comprehensive repairs as described above.
We are Metal Acceeeories Manufacturer, welcome to consult.