Characteristics of magnesium alloy
1. The specific gravity of lightweight magnesium only needs 1.8G / CM3, and the specific gravity of aluminum alloy is 2.7G / CM3. The magnesium alloy is 30% lighter than aluminum alloy and 80% lighter than steel. Therefore, magnesium alloys in cars and portable electronic products have become parts made into interesting materials.
2. Strength magnesium alloy has excellent strength/weight ratio in engineering materials such as metals and plastics.
3. Die-casting property In adherence to excellent structural conditions, the minimum thickness of Magnesium Alloy Die Cast Part reaches 0.6mm, which is impossible for plastics to reach under the same strength. The die-casting function of aluminum alloy is also compared with magnesium alloy when it is 1.2-1.5mm or more. Magnesium alloys are easier to die-cast and are suitable for large-scale die-casting production (the production speed can reach 1.5 times that of aluminum). In addition, the wear of magnesium alloy molds is also lower than that of aluminum.
4. Shock-absorbing magnesium has excellent shock-absorbing and shock-absorbing functions, which can absorb radon and noise. Used as the equipment case, it can reduce noise transmission, prevent shock and avoid sag damage.
5. Rigid magnesium is twice as rigid as aluminum and higher than most plastics. Magnesium has excellent resistance to stress.
6. Magnesium alloy with a high electromagnetic interference barrier has an excellent function of blocking electromagnetic waves, which is suitable for producing electronic products.
7. Outstanding cutting function magnesium has better machinability than aluminum and zinc, making magnesium a metal material that is easier to cut.
8. The specific heat capacity of magnesium alloy is small, and the cooling speed of the alloy liquid is fast.
9. The affinity of magnesium alloy and mold steel is small, and it is not easy to adhere to the mold.
Magnesium Alloy Die Cast Part
As a Metal Acceeeories Manufacturer, share with you the advantages of magnesium alloy semi-solid molding:
1: Can form difficult products, hot/cold room machine can not reach the standard.
2: Low molding temperature and long mold life.
3: The molded product has high precision and good surface quality.
4: Green and environmental protection, do not use any protective gas.
In recent years, countries around the world have attached great importance to the research and development of magnesium alloys. Magnesium resources have been used as important strategic materials in the 21st century to strengthen the research and development of magnesium alloys in the fields of aerospace, communications, automobiles and computers. Developed countries such as the United States, Japan, and Europe have already invested a lot of manpower and material resources, implemented a number of large-scale joint research and development plans to study automotive magnesium alloy parts, and these research and development plans have accelerated the pace of applying magnesium alloy parts abroad. China is a big country in the production and consumption of motorcycles and a big exporter. It is also a potential big country in automobile production and consumption. However, currently, China's magnesium alloy forming technology is still relatively backward. The low mechanical properties and corrosion resistance of Magnesium Die Casting Parts are an important factor restricting the application of automotive magnesium alloy parts in China.