Nowadays, many manufacturers including Apple are increasingly using magnesium
alloy die-casting technology. Next, China Die Casting Parts Factory will talk to
you about which minefields should be required when designing magnesium alloy die
Magnesium Alloy Die Cast Part
1. The design of Magnesium Alloy Die Cast Part is similar to the design of other non-ferrous metal die casting. Some of the more common design rules of zinc alloy die casting and aluminum alloy die casting are also applicable to magnesium alloy die casting.
2. The temperature requirement for magnesium alloy die casting is slightly lower than that of zinc alloy die casting, mainly due to the influence of the melting point and ignition point of magnesium alloy, so the temperature needs to be controlled more strictly to avoid fire. At the same time, because of the high product value of magnesium alloy die-casting parts, the mold materials are also relatively large. Relatively speaking, the quality of magnesium alloy die casting molds will be much better, after all, expensive.
3. When designing the mold, do not follow the general rules of other mold design, to avoid the design of deep holes and sharp corners, and to prevent the occurrence of under casting.
4. Magnesium alloy die-castings whose structure is too duplicated, either modify the design or do not do it. This is the rule in the industry. With the current mold technology, castings that are too duplicated, the die casting process still cannot guarantee its yield.
5. If magnesium alloy die castings really need holes or teeth, the post-processing mode can be used in the design.
6. The problem of stomata and air bubbles has always been a problem, and it needs extra attention when designing.
7. Passivation and anodizing process of magnesium alloy die castings. It is also a fully mature process that can be mass produced. Passivation can form a stable chemical film on the surface of the casting, improving the protection performance and surface gloss.
Magnesium alloy die casting, welding aluminum-magnesium alloy will mainly cause H2 porosity. The H2 porosity comes from the water, and it is also related to air, oxide film, argon and other factors. Welded joints produce porosity, reducing the strength of the joint. Although the AC tungsten argon arc welding machine has the function of anode breaking, it cannot completely remove the air holes, and there are many residues in the molten pool. H2 can be dissolved in a large amount of liquid aluminum, the specific gravity of aluminum is high, and the viscosity of molten aluminum is large. According to Stovf's floating original magnesium alloy die casting, the floating speed of bubbles in the molten pool is slow, and the thermal conductivity of aluminum Condensation is rapid, and bubbles are formed before they are discharged before the crystallization of the melting pool. To obtain high-quality welds, new welding processes must be used.
Our company also has Zinc Alloy Die Cast Part for sale, please contact us.